We asked one of our top designers, Sierra Withers, a few questions to help you all get to know her...
- What is your biggest passion outside of interior design? I think that interior design IS my biggest passion. Everywhere I go I notice the design of the spaces, in new restaurants, stores, etc. I am always looking for new ideas. I just don’t think I can every get away from it!
- What is your favorite interior design trend right now? That metallics are coming back in a big way!
- What interior design trend do you wish would just go away? I am not a huge a fan of overly ornate design in homes. I feel like it makes a space just feel so heavy.
- What led you to interior design? I have always been interested in design. When I was touring colleges I had the chance to tour the architecture college at Kansas State University and felt that I finally had an opportunity to express my ideas through design. In the interior architecture program we were able to experience many different facets of design and I was able to realize why I love interior design so much. Designers get to help people have different reactions to a space with design.
- What would your dream job be if not in the interior field? Probably owning a ceramic store. My grandma had one when I was a kid and I loved painting and getting to help pour the molds for all of the different ceramics. I would still be able to do something creative and could help interesting kids into different forms of art.
- Tell us three things about yourself that make you YOU! My family influence and upbringing. My love of traveling/new experiences. My drive, to work hard and be successful and to also help our company be successful.